Sunday, January 25, 2009

What Was He Thinking?!


I continuously say how 3 has been my favorite age and stage for Gavin so far. Here is yet another perfect example of how his 3 year old brain and thought process never ceases to amaze and entertain me. Here's how it went down... While getting in bed for his nap this afternoon he informed me that he had to use the bathroom. I thought this a bit strange since he had just used the potty a short time earlier. A delaying tactic perhaps? Oh well, I walked downstairs to do something while he was supposedly using the bathroom. As I walked upstairs I was greeted by my son looking like this (above) with his hair all wet and very soapy. The following was our dialogue...
Gavin: "Mommy, I HAD to wash my hair!"
Me: "What do you mean you HAD to wash your hair?"
Gavin: "I had to wash my hair because it was DIRTY!"
Me: "Why is your hair dirty? I thought you were going to the bathroom?"
Gavin: "No, I wasn't going to the bathroom! I HAD to wash my hair so that I can SLEEP better!"
By the way, everything Gavin says ends with an exclamation mark. He is very expressive and particular about which word/s he wants to emphasize.
Conclusion: You just gotta laugh and take a photo for posterity/the blog. I knew Tony and the family would get a kick out of this one. I sure did. Thank you, Gavin, for making dreary winter days, when daddy is off skiing, a whole lot more interesting.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad you took a picture of that, it's way cute! I hope you're doing well getting ready for this baby!