Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Winter Break in California











Gavin and I flew to California the day after Christmas to spend time with my family in Ventura(Tony had to work). We had a great time as always. It was wonderful to spend time with my oldest friend, Cyndi, who I've known since I was about 3. She lives in Huntington Beach now and has 2 little boys (Gavin had a great time with them). I also got to spend a some time with my sister, Tiffany, who Gavin adores (as do I) and he calls her Aunt Bippy (Aunt Tiffy). We were able to put in a few hours at my favorite factory outlet stores in Camarillo (Barneys, Saks 5th, Max Azria, Ugg Austrailia). I had a lot of success finding some great stuff at great prices. And, of course, it's always great to see my parents. They always spoil us. I think we went out to dinner every night. We also went to the Santa Barbara zoo and the beach. It was a beautiful sunny day so the last couple of photos are just of the scenery there at Marina Beach. We had to pull Gavin away kicking and screaming because he did not want to leave the beach and he desperately wanted to go play in the ocean (I had hoped he would take after me as far as loving the beach).

2 comments:

la maestra said...

I'm sad we missed one another. I guess we'll have to get our butts out to SLC and visit you there!
You and your family look really great!

Kristin said...

You're always welcome, Sara. We do have a guest room. You might be surprised how fun (& cool) SLC is.