Sunday, January 20, 2008

Deceptively Delicious




This post is for all my friends with children who are trying to get them to eat more veggies. My sister-in-law gave me this cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, for Christmas and I've recently had the chance to try several of the recipes and they were in fact, "delicious". The cookbook is by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld's wife) and the cool concept behind it is that she purees veggies and adds them into everyday meals. Your kids can't see the veggies so they don't even realize they are eating their vegetables. So far we have tried the following recipes: mac & cheese with cauliflower, couscous with yellow squash & carrot, grilled cheese with butternut squash, and apple muffins with carrot. They have all been wonderful. Tony, Gavin, and I have all enjoyed them. I would highly recommend this cookbook. They are selling it at Cost Co right now. If any of you already have it or end up buying it, let me know what you think.

No comments: