Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Eve





For the past several years Tony has participated in Solitude ski resort's torch light parade (because he works there every winter). It's a tradition there every New Year's eve. This year I finally went up there to see it. We ate dinner there at the resort, got all bundled up and waited to watch the "show". Many of the employees at the resort participate and head up the lifts after dark, light their torches and ski down in formation. It was quite a sight to see. However, on the drive back down the canyon my car said that it was -1 degree outside. Yikes!

The next day we dropped Gavin off at grandma and grandpa's for the day so that we could go back up to Solitude to ski/snowboard (Tony skis & I snowboard). It was a glorious, sunny day. It was such a treat because it was the first time I've been able to go snowboarding since I got pregnant with Gavin. I had so much fun! And by the end of the day I even rode on a black run (and did quite well I must say). When I complained about having to return to work on January 2nd Tony reminded me that I did quite a bit this winter break... I went to the beach and snowboarding in the same week. Life is good:)

No comments: