Monday, April 19, 2010

The Kindle



I've been wanting a Kindle since it came out a couple of years ago. I finally got one for my birthday last month (thanks mom & dad) and I love it! Basically a Kindle is a little computer where you can download books in seconds at reduced prices (usu. under $10 or FREE). You can also download newspapers, magazines, blogs, etc. It doesn't need to be plugged in and there's no need for wi-fi. You can read your books on the Kindle screen. It reads like paper without a glare (even in bright sunlight). You can highlight and look up the meaning of a word instantly, have the Kindle read your book to you and all kinds of other amazing things that I'm still figuring out. It's about as thin as a magazine and it holds up to 1500 books! I am very excited that I won't be clogging up shelf space with all the books I buy and no more carrying around a big heavy hardback. It's so ideal for traveling. I love it!

1 comment:

la maestra said...

But you won't be able to smell the pages of books anymore! That's one of my favorite things to do when I get a new book- sniff the pages.