Wednesday, June 6, 2007

New Bedroom Decor


Tony and I are redecorating our bedroom. Right now he is in the process of enlarging our closet so that it will be twice as big as it was. We will be adding white 3-panel sliding doors. We purchased a new headboard and nightstands and I plan on refinishing our current dresser to match the other new pieces. We will be painting the walls beige. I know, beige sounds a little boring, but we want a paint color that will be good for resale, since we plan on moving in the next 2 years.
I finally made a decision on the bedding. I purchased a duvet cover similar to the one above (left). I plan on accenting the new duvet with a tailored bedskirt, white sheets (or perhaps white and beige striped sheets), and Pottery Barn shams with beige shells. This opens up all new possibilities for me. I've always wanted a beach-themed room somewhere, anywhere in my house that displays my love for the beach. I even found some great wall art of shells with the same colors as the walls and bedding (score!).

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

i like the coverlet option a lot. In fact ever since staying in the Renaissance in Vegas a few years ago I've thought about the coverlet idea seriously.

Tiffany@laylagrayce.com said...

Nice picks - Love the new look. You are right in line with the latest trends which are cleaner lines transitioning into more modern decor. The beige walls (sienna sand - one of my favorites) will give you a simple, serene palette and the sage bedding is always a color of tranquility. I would suggest adding textured white shams with a 2"-3" flange and soft white sheets with an embroidered edge for the hotel/beach look. For a more designer look, accent with strong vertical stripes with a few colors that would include your trim color for a more designer look. A rug that compliments the bedding would pull it all together as well as designer lamps. If you want to pull this look off, it has to be finished because it is how the elements work together to create the overall design.

CouponAlbum said...

Awesome stuff!! Love the beach themed bedding set... Wonderful choice for other bedroom furniture!!