Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Favorite Baby Things

I love the Pottery Barn A-Z vinyl place mat (on the right side of the photo). It protects our new dining room table from Gavin's creative eating habits and it's educational and entertaining all in one. He loves to look at the letters and the fun pictures that begin with each letter (he is especially partial to the helicopter picture). I love that it's easy to wipe clean. I think they are on sale at PB right now.



During a trip to Pottery Barn Kids I picked up some bath crayons. Gavin and I love drawing things on the wall during his bath. The great thing is that everything can be washed off pretty easily with a little bathroom cleaner and a sponge. I have a feeling that Crayola must make a similar product, so I will be keeping my eye out for that.


Gavin loves his Crest Spinbrush Fire truck toothbrush. And I love it too because now, instead of just sucking the toothpaste off the toothbrush, he actually brushes his teeth. He likes to turn it on and feel the spinning brush on his teeth. And, since it is a fire truck toothbrush, it has flashing lights on the top of the fire truck. Pretty cool. I want one too.


I just bought these cool Vans for Gavin. They are called "Big School" for toddlers. You can find them in lots of different colors/patterns for girls or boys. I was attracted to this "space print" pattern because Gavin is very interested in the sky lately. They are really soft and flexible; plus, they fit his fat (I mean wide) feet really well.



These pacifiers make great baby gifts. You can choose from silly expressions or you can personalize them with a name. I purchased "Flirt" for Gavin and I've given several "Mute Button" binkies out as gifts. The web site is http://www.itsmybinky.com/


I highly recommend Icky Baby splat mats. We have gotten lots of use out of Gavin's. They are great for placing under chairs/highchairs to catch all the food that falls (or is thrown) on the ground. They're vinyl, which makes them easy to wipe down and they come in tons of fun colors and patterns. Gavin's is called "giddy up" and is a cowboy theme. I am also learning that these mats are great for play dough or coloring time. You can purchase them from http://www.laylagrayce.com/



Gavin has a ton of baby blankets, but his "Little Giraffe" chenille blanket is our all time favorite! It's the softest blanket I think I've ever felt and it doesn't lose it's shape or softness after washing. These blankets come in rich colors like beige, army green and dark blue (Gavin's is slate, which is a dark blue shade). They aren't cheap (about $50 or $60), but they would make a very luxurious baby gift. Luckily, I received Gavin's as a gift. My sister's Internet company sells them... http://www.laylagrayce.com/



My mom got Gavin a wonderful book and cd. It's called "Music for Calm Babies" and it's a great little board book with beautiful illustrations. The book comes with a cd that I love! The cd has soothing classical music from artists such as Beethoven, Pachelbel, Bach, Mozart, etc. Pachelbel's Canon in D brings tears to my eyes because it was played at our wedding. Anyhow, I have several great lullaby and toddler time cds, but this is definitely my favorite. I plan on making a copy so I can play it in my classroom too. You can order it from http://www.pilbooks.com I would also recommend Baby Einstein - Lullaby Classics.




Many of my favorite things are from my sister, Tiffany's, website. Her website is http://www.laylagrayce.com/ The website has beautiful, stylish, upscale things for the home, women and children. Some of my favorite clothes (for me and Gavin) come from laylagrayce. Not to mention all of my favorite baby gear... diaper bag, blankets, personalized bibs, etc.







No comments: