Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sprinkles Cupcakes



I recently discovered a little piece of heaven on earth in the form of a cupcake. If you haven't heard of Sprinkles Cupcakes before I'm sure I won't be the only person you hear about it from; especially if you're lucky enough to live in one of the four cities where they have a bakery. Cyndi, June... listen up. Sprinkles has been getting a lot of press lately from celebrities, Oprah, The Today Show, etc. Last month while visiting my family in Ventura, California, my sister brought home a dozen of these incredible little cakes. I tried several different kinds (strawberry, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, pumpkin, and red velvet) and it was very hard to choose a favorite. There are 4 bakery locations so far: Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Dallas and Phoenix (and more to come). Apparently they always have a line out the door. If you're smart you'll order in advance online http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/ and curtail the line. They are $3.25 each (and worth every penny) or $36 for a dozen. I wonder if they can be shipped to Utah... No, I'm not that desperate.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

So my question is (being a huge fan of cupcakes) are they worth the hype? Seriously? I'm so curious....

The Silver Lining said...

Oh Gavin is just all boy, isn't he?! Great postings!! And thanks a lot, now I have a craving for cupcakes. Ha! Ha!

Kristin said...

Yes, Stephanie, they are worth all the hype. I would not have devoted a whole post on my blog if I didn't think they were the BOMB. If you check out their website, it tells all the incredible ingredients they use.

la maestra said...

I second that- I've eated way too many of these little cakes. Each and every one has been the best I've ever eaten. Until the next one, then that one is the best.